The following steps will help you and your family in making this important decision for your child.
- Inquiry - We will be happy to answer any questions you have about Lighthouse Montessori Farm School and our application procedure. You can contact us here.
- Parent Visits - (Parents/Guardians only) - An opportunity to assess the environment in which your child may potentially be placed.
Part 1 ~ Tour our school to see the classrooms, the materials we use and to learn about the Montessori philosophy & method of education.
Part 2 ~ Classroom Observation ~ Come experience a Montessori classroom first-hand. An observation sheet will help you understand how a Montessori classroom works as you observe students and teachers in action. Parent observations should be scheduled in advance & during class times (9:00 am or 1:00 pm). Our office staff will set a date for your classroom observation after your tour.
- Child Assessment - (Prospective student only) – This visit allows your child and our teachers to interact in a warm and friendly classroom setting and help determine whether our school seems to be the appropriate environment for your child. Children are evaluated on the basis of readiness for school and potential for success in a Montessori classroom. Your child's assessment will be scheduled after completion of the school tour and parent observation. Call to schedule an appointment.
- Consultations - The Parent/Teacher consultation is an opportunity to visit with your child’s teacher to discuss your observation, your child’s visit, help us learn more about your child, discuss educational goals and any other questions or concerns you may have. The Parent/Administrator consultation is an opportunity to meet with a member of our school’s administration to discuss school policies, procedures and answer your questions.
- Application Packet – You will receive an application packet during your Parent/Admin consultation.
- Acceptance - A member of the school’s administrative staff will offer enrollment after it has been determined that the student and LMFS are a good match for each other, and provided that appropriate placement is available. Your child’s space will be secured only upon receipt of the required application deposit and signed contracts. We happily accept Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP) as well.
- Waiting List - If there are no openings available, you may request to be placed on our waiting list. You will be notified when a space becomes available.